Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jyothish Soman <jy...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 20:00:34 UTC

Is MapReduce NFS friendly

I have a distributed system on NFS, and wanted to use MapReduce on it, but
the system keeps spawning errors related to inability to allocate temporary
space.
Though sufficient is available, hence my question.
 Is HDFS and NFS compatible?.

Re: Is MapReduce NFS friendly

Posted by Jyothish Soman <jy...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to thank you for this, it did work fine. Did the trick for me.

Thanks a lot

MapReduce and Heap Size

Posted by Mohamed Riadh Trad <Mo...@inria.fr>.
Hi,

I am running hadoop over 100 million files from a local file system.

Each split contains a subset of the file collection. The recordReader provides a file as a record.

The problem is that I get java.lang.outofmemoryerror: Java heap space.

I tried to increase the heap size to 16Gb, enougth to handle 20 millions files.

Up to 100 millions, I get the same problem and the job fails. Moreover, the job loading time exceeds 40 minutes while handling 20million files.

Any suggestions in order to avoid this delay and the Heap Space releated problems?

Regards,

Posted by Marcin Sieniek <ms...@wirtualne-tatry.pl>.
Hi Jyothish,

Posted by alex kamil <al...@gmail.com>.