Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Durga Prasad Mohapatra <du...@fastmail.fm> on 2005/04/07 17:44:38 UTC

How to parse GET and POST methods in mod_perl 2.0

Hi,

 I have done all of my programs using apache1.3 and modperl 1.0. Now i want to
port all of my modperl programs to mod_perl 2.0 and apache2 without using
Apache::compat. I am facing problem in first step, for parsing methods i.e GET
and POST. Previously in modperl 1.0 if it POST method  i was using content. But
in modperl 2.0 there is no content method. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

regards
Durga

Re: How to parse GET and POST methods in mod_perl 2.0

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 15:44 +0000, Durga Prasad Mohapatra wrote:
>  I have done all of my programs using apache1.3 and modperl 1.0. Now i want to
> port all of my modperl programs to mod_perl 2.0 and apache2 without using
> Apache::compat. I am facing problem in first step, for parsing methods i.e GET
> and POST. Previously in modperl 1.0 if it POST method  i was using content. But
> in modperl 2.0 there is no content method. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

This is explained in the porting guide:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#C__r_E_gt_content_

- Perrin

Re: How to parse GET and POST methods in mod_perl 2.0

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com>.
I just do this:
	 use Apache::Request ()
sub handler
{
	my 		$r		= shift;
	my 		$apr 	= Apache::Request->new( $r , DISABLE_UPLOADS=>0,
POST_MAX=>100000 );

	$get_var 	= $apr->param('fieldname');
	$post_var = $apr->param('fieldname');
}