Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Eric Isakson <Er...@sas.com> on 2003/07/16 19:37:59 UTC

RE: CJK support in lucene

This archived message has the CJKTokenizer code attached (there are some links in the code to material that describes the tokenization strategy).

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=330905

You have to write your own analyzer that uses this tokenizer. See http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/01/15/lucene.html for some details on how to write an analyzer.

here is one you could use:
package my.package;

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter;
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream;
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.cjk.CJKTokenizer;
import java.io.Reader;

public class CJKAnalyzer extends Analyzer {

    public CJKAnalyzer() {
    }

    /**
     * Creates a TokenStream which tokenizes all the text in the provided Reader.
     *
     * @return  A TokenStream built from a CJKTokenizer
     */
    public TokenStream tokenStream( String fieldName, Reader reader )
    {
        TokenStream result = new CJKTokenizer( reader );
		result = new StopFilter(result, new String[] {""}); // CJKTokenizer emitts a "" sometimes, haven't been able to figure it out, so this is a workaround
        return result;
    }
}

Lastly, you have to package those things up and use them along with the core lucene code.

CC'ing this to Lucene User so everyone can benefit from these answers. Maybe a faq on indexing CJK languages would be a good thing to add. The existing one (http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=chapter.indexing&toc=faq#q28) is somewhat light on details (so is this answer, but it is a bit more direct about dealing with CJK) and http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=1011118 is useful to be aware of too.

Good luck,
Eric