Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Reinier Mostert <re...@clabo.co.za> on 2003/03/29 15:04:46 UTC

2.4-alpha5 and servlet-2.3

Hi all,

any ideas why I would start getting the following error with 2.4-alpha5
in Tomcat when trying to start my app (more available on request):

WebappClassLoader:
validateJarFile(/var/tomcat4/webapps/kfcdata/WEB-INF/lib/servlet.jar) -
jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid CEN header (bad signature)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:82)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.setRepositories(WebappLoader.java:1079)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:665)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3530)

I copied my directory that worked with 2.4-alpha2 to a new directory,
replaced all instances of net.sf.tapestry with org.apache.tapestry, and
removed references to the CycleException.  My .page files still says:

<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
	"-//Howard Lewis Ship//Tapestry Specification 1.3//EN"
	"http://tapestry.sf.net/dtd/Tapestry_1_3.dtd">

Should I change these as well?

Any ideas?

thanx
reinier

RE: 2.4-alpha5 and servlet-2.3

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Please see the note in the user's mailing list; you should not have
servlet.jar in WEB-INF/lib.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components