Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aladin Alaily <to...@aladin.ca> on 2005/11/29 05:09:35 UTC

Web-application and Tomcat icon

Hello,

Every time I deploy an application using Tomcat 5.5.12, the usual tomcat
icon is being displayed in the url.

I would like to know how I can replace that icon with my own... or
better yet, no put any icon at all.

Thanks.
Aladin

Re: Web-application and Tomcat icon

Posted by Aladin Alaily <to...@aladin.ca>.
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> Aladin Alaily wrote:
>
>> Every time I deploy an application using Tomcat 5.5.12, the usual
>> tomcat icon is being displayed in the url.
>>
>> I would like to know how I can replace that icon with my own... or
>> better yet, no put any icon at all.
>

> Google for 'shortcut icon'. You can specify your own one using CSS.

Thanks!  All of your comments were helpful.

Re: Web-application and Tomcat icon

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@becomo.com>.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski  <mi...@becomo.com>
Becomo S.A.

Re: Web-application and Tomcat icon

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/05, Aladin Alaily <to...@aladin.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Every time I deploy an application using Tomcat 5.5.12, the usual tomcat
> icon is being displayed in the url.
>
> I would like to know how I can replace that icon with my own... or
> better yet, no put any icon at all.

The icon displayed on the browser is favicon.ico that is in ROOT. You
can replace it with your own icon.

--
rgds
Anto Paul