Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> on 2019/06/15 01:09:32 UTC

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: disk space on jenkins master nearly full

All,

Thanks to those who have addressed this so far. The immediate storage issue has been resolved, but some builds still need to be fixed to ensure the build master does not run out of space again anytime soon.

Here is the current list of builds storing over 40GB on the master:

597G    Packaging
204G    pulsar-master
199G    hadoop-multibranch
108G    Any23-trunk
93G     HBase Nightly
88G     PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build
71G     stanbol-0.12
64G     Atlas-master-NoTests
50G     HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests
42G     PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build-maven

If you are unable to reduce the size of your retained builds, please let me know. I have added some additional project dev lists to the CC as I would like to hear back from everyone on this list as to the state of their stored builds.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.
Any23,

I have removed all builds older than 120 days from /x1/jenkins/jenkins-home/jobs/Any23-trunk/modules/org.apache.any23$apache-any23-service/builds

There were builds dating back to 2014. Please evaluate your jenkins jobs and remove any which are no longer being used, and update the ones that are to discard old builds. PMC, could you please ensure this happens?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il sab 15 giu 2019, 19:36 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 10:29 AM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Il sab 15 giu 2019, 18:18 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> ha scritto:
> >
> > > Narrowing this down to just the ZK folks.
> > >
> > > We're currently discarding the builds after 90 days for both of the
> jobs.
> > > Perhaps we can narrow down to 60? The PRs link to these builds, are
> they
> > > valuable after that point (vs just retriggering the build if missing)?
> > >
> > > I also notice that "PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build-maven" is
> saving
> > > all artifacts, rather than a subset (e.g. the logs) as is being done by
> > > "PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build" job. Perhaps we can update that?
> > > Enrico or Norbert any insight?
> > >

> > I had enabled archiving in order to track some issue I can't recall.
> > We should only keep logs in case of failure
> >
> > I think that 30 days is enough, but I am okay with 60.
> > We are now working at a faster pace and a precommit run more than one
> month
> > ago is probably out of date.
> >

> Sounds like 30 for both is fine then.

Okay I will update the config.
I will also disable ant based jobs and clear all of the unused workspaces

Enrico

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I deleted the old (retained) builds for stanbol-0.12. I hope this
fixes this issue.

I was unable to find out how to get the size of the current build. So
I decided to keep the most recent build (from mid of June 2017). If we
are still over the limit we could also delete this one and only keep
the most current build of 1.0.0 (trunk).

best
Rupert