Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by H <hb...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/13 04:23:23 UTC

Re: Preparing for the upcoming Pinot 0.4.0 release

Bumping this thread for 0.4.0 release.

The features called out earlier are either merged or close to being merged.
Kudos to the feature owners for making it in.

I plan to use the master branch as of this *coming Friday May 15th, 7pm PST* as
the release candidate.

I will send another email with the branch info before cutting the release.
Please let me know if there are questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Haibo

Posted by Subbu Subramaniam <mc...@apache.org>.
I think we should also bump up helix version to 0.9.7. A recent version has been released that fixes a couple of annoyances we reported.

Also Haibo, a general piece of advice. In the past, the release has been a moving target. Pick a commit hash, start the process, and if necessary cherry-pick some commits that seem fine.

Good luck,

I will submit the helix PR soon
-Subbu

Posted by H <hb...@gmail.com>.
I'm cutting a release from the master branch as of today Friday May 22, 8pm
PST. Latest commit:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/commit/f35583f794f9f65778b5d2bb4740f6d41b009bab

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns by noon tomorrow
(May 23, 12pm PST).

Thanks,
Haibo

Posted by Subbu Subramaniam <mc...@apache.org>.