Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pramodh Peddi <pp...@IMPRIVATA.com> on 2004/12/08 22:26:07 UTC

Axis backward compatibility to Apache Soap w/ messagerouter

Hi,

I am trying to migrate from soap_2.3 to axis_1.1.

The current apache-soap services are using messagerouter. So, all the
methods in the services has similar signature like:

 myservice(Envelope, SOAPContentx request, SOAPContext response)

Axis_1.1 does not have these classes (Envelope, SOAPContext) in their
API. Migrating from Apache SOAP to Apache AXIS when using rpcrouter is
easy as we do not use (if we do, its very little) soap-specific imports
on the server-side soap. Then, what about migrating from messagerouter
of Apache Soap to Apache Axis? Is it not possible without
re-implementing the whole We Services part of the application?

If we have to re-implement the whole Web Services layer during migration
from Apache Soap (w/ messagerouter) to Apache Axis, does the client code
change?

Is there any documentation/guide/help/resource to migrate from Apache
Soap (preferably w/ messagerouter) to Apache Axis?

Thank you in advance.

Pramodh.