Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Raphaël <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/08 04:04:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: avoid Vary: User-Agent when ?

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:04:45PM -0300, Raphaël wrote:
> Hi,
>
> still related to the previous post, but put simply:
> I'd just appreciate to learn how to keep Apache from automatically
> adding "User-Agent" to the "Vary" header.

This was an user error:

This line:
> <If "%{HTTP_USER_AGENT} == 'munin'>
obviously caused the `Vary:` HTTP header to contain "User-Agent".

I still have to find how to keep the "new" syntax without the cost of
the header modification.

[users@httpd] Re: avoid Vary: User-Agent when ?

Posted by Raphaël <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 12:04:33AM -0300, Raphaël wrote:
> This line:
> > <If "%{HTTP_USER_AGENT} == 'munin'>
> obviously caused the `Vary:` HTTP header to contain "User-Agent".
>
> I still have to find how to keep the "new" syntax without the cost of
> the header modification.

which is clearly stated in the documentation. Thus:
> <If "req_novary('User-Agent') == 'munin'">

end of the story, sorry for the noise.