Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Manthosh Kumar T <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 14:59:43 UTC

Geographically distant client

Hi All,
         I have around 20-30 geographically distant clients that need to
write data to a centralized HBase server. I have dedicated VPN for the
communication and hence bandwidth won't be a issue. is it a good idea to
make the clients directly send data to the centralized server?. Or a
geographically distributed Hadoop cluster is more efficient for this
scenario? Has anybody come across such use case?. Need suggestions on the
viability and efficiency of the setup to follow

--
Cheers,
Manthosh Kumar. T

Re: Geographically distant client

Posted by Manthosh Kumar T <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean,
          Thanks. I might sound a bit lame. Can you just elaborate on the
gateway part?. What is the best practice?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Manthosh Kumar T <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Manthosh Kumar T <ma...@gmail.com>.