Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 18:35:16 UTC

Java-Impl-Runtime and DataBinding

Hi,

I have got basic properties to work with the java-implementation-runtime.
Here are some observations that I'd like to validate...

- assuming that we load the assembly models from xml the core will always
hand out to the 'implementation runtimes'' such as 'java-implementation' a
Document object for the value of a property.  The implementation runtimes
are responsible for invoking the databinding framework to convert the
property value from document to whatever form... for example Document to
JavaBean.  Is this right?

If this is right, then I guess the databinding framework need to be plugged
into the java-impl-runtime?  How is this to be ideally done in the current
architecture?  I suppose, dragging it in as a dependency and using it as yet
another dependent class library is not the way.. so could somebody please
help me with some pointers to do this.

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: Java-Impl-Runtime and DataBinding

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think you could copy/port the following package into
tuscany-core-databinding:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/sca-java-integration/sca/kernel/core/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/core/property

Then in JavaComponentBuilder, add the following code (need some porting) and
invoke handleProperties() at the end of the build() method.

private void handleProperties(Component definition, JavaAtomicComponent
component) {
    for (ComponentProperty property : definition.getProperties()) {
        ObjectFactory<?> factory = new
PropertyObjectFactoryImpl(...).createObjectFactory(property); // need to
deal with multi-valued as well
        if (factory != null) {
            component.addPropertyFactory(property.getName(), factory);
        }
    }
}

Adding dependency to tuscany-core-databinding in implementation-java-runtime
is fine for now.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.