Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Surekha Guntur <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/01 22:34:47 UTC

Error: You have tried to set a null level to root

Hi,

I am trying to run a sample example 'trivial' (in src/exapmles) I get the following error on Solaris. It just has BasicConfigurator.
--------
You have tried to set a null level to root.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
--------

Any ideas please... I am using log4cxx-0.9.7 version. Do I need to supply any configuration file or set any environment variables. I tried to set log4j.configuration environment variable. But it does not take it as it has '.' (dot) in it. Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks,
Surekha.