Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Madhusudhan Reddy Munagala <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/15 05:39:00 UTC

Flume-NG : HBase sink : Could not retrieve login configuration: java.lang.SecurityException:

Hello,

I am trying to configure  the FlumeNG with HBase.  We have Zoo keeper
service for the Hbase.

The Flume agent is capturing the log events from log file but no data is
getting inserted into the Hbase.  I can only see below exception the flume
log.

Any idea why no data getting inserted into Hbase ??

28 Jan 2013 20:28:51,810 DEBUG
[lifecycleSupervisor-1-1-SendThread(t-game-db194:2181)]
(org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.readResponse:714)  - Got ping
response for sessionid: 0x23c48e205840059 after 1ms
28 Jan 2013 20:28:51,810 DEBUG
[lifecycleSupervisor-1-1-SendThread(t-game-db194:2181)]
(org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient.clientTunneledAuthenticationInProgress:519)
 - Could not retrieve login configuration: java.lang.SecurityException:
Unable to locate a login configuration

Thanks
Madhu

Re: Flume-NG : HBase sink : Could not retrieve login configuration: java.lang.SecurityException:

Posted by Madhu Gmail <ma...@gmail.com>.
The issue has been resolved as mentioned below

1)     After using CDH 4.1.1 the log exception is gone.  May be CDH 4.1.3  caused the log exception.

2)  The second problem of data insertion in the HBase is resolved after using
agent.sinks.hBaseSink.serializer=org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.RegexHbaseEventSerializer

instead of  agent.sinks.hBaseSink.serializer=org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.SimpleHbaseEventSerializer

Madhu

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,