Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 02:47:44 UTC

[Discussion]Redesign of navigation system of geronimo Web console.

I redesigned the navigation system of geronimo Web console because we need
to re-org the navigation tree to improve the usability.  I uploaded a patch
with JIRA: *https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4994*, in the
patch:

1, Use number-number-number format in the portal page title to define the
menu sequence. For example:

*Welcome *(defined as 0/Welcome in plan.xml)
*Server*
  -----*XXXX*
  -----*JMS Server*(defined as 1-8/Server/JMS Server in plan.xml)

2, Use DOJO Tree as the navigation menu tree.

3, The navigation tree is separated from the portlets content. No tree and
banner download are needed when clicking a portal page.

4, Quick launch box, just type menu item name in the box and press enter to
quick launch a function.

When the UI design above are accepted. I'll followup the path to complete
Non Functional Requirements:
 1, G11N
2, Selenuim Testsuite update.
3, Finalize the menu items position because the current sequence in the
patch is for demo only.
4, The patch is based on Tomcat G server in 22 branch. I will port it to
jetty as well as other branches after this UI design is accepted.

Any comments will be appreciated,

--
Shawn

Re: [Discussion]Redesign of navigation system of geronimo Web console.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/12/21 Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>
>
> This is great! Thanks Shawn!
>>
>> Some minor comments:
>> 1. The performance of the tree is not ideal in FireFox. I know DOJO is not
>> a performance sweet. Not sure whether we can do anything here.
>> 2. The color scheme looks a little gray. Shall we make them a little
>> brighter?
>>
> yes.  soria.css for the tree :-)

This is a good  suggestion.

As talked,  let's review the tree style after the function design is
completed.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/21 Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>

> This is great! Thanks Shawn!
>
> Some minor comments:
> 1. The performance of the tree is not ideal in FireFox. I know DOJO is not
> a performance sweet. Not sure whether we can do anything here.
> 2. The color scheme looks a little gray. Shall we make them a little
> brighter?

yes.  soria.css for the tree :-)

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David, I've committed the patch to trunk with Rev.897080

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.