Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sumanth <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 13:30:42 UTC

Ajax Exception Handling - How to use alerts component instead of different page.

Hi All,

 I would like to know how to use the <t:alerts /> component to show
exceptions when "any" ajax related operation results in uncaught exception.

Also is it possible to refresh all/selected zones in the page if the ajax
operation resulted in exception?

I'm trying to use the "Override Exception Reporting using the decorator" as
mentioned in the tapestry site  but not sure how i can reference my "alerts
component" here and use this to be the exception reporter.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ajax Exception Handling - How to use alerts component instead of different page.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
This sounds quite specific to a single page, I'd use an event handler

public void onException(Throwable cause)

You can @Inject AlertManager to add alerts
You can @Inject Request to test request.isXhr()
You can @Inject AjaxResponseRenderer to update zones.