Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 19:10:40 UTC

Topic config zk structures

I added a proposal to the ZK data structures wiki under the heading
0.8.1 covering my proposal for the topic configuration data structures
(updating them from the original patch to be more consistent with the
zk changes in 0.8).

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+data+structures+in+Zookeeper

In particular the question is for simple unversioned data structures
should they be json or not. Particularly I have
  /config/changes/[config_change_x] => topic_name

The question is should a topic with name foo appear as foo or "foo".
That is, are we assuming that all zk values are json, even if they
aren't versioned.

-Jay

Re: Topic config zk structures

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.
I'd vote for everything being JSON, for consistency