Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by rbaumhof <ra...@web.de> on 2010/09/17 13:58:22 UTC

Timestamp precision with oracle is only 1/1000 sec. (Geronimo 2.1.2)

Hallo,

we are using Oracle database. I discovered that timestamp values on
insert/update are cut at 1/1000 sec. However if i update the data in
database, it is transfered to the timestamp up to a nanosecond (10 up 12).

The bean's instance var is of type java.sql.Timestamp. I also tried the
@Temporal annotation but without success??

Any hint what i could do to get nanoseconds on insert into database??

much thanks in advance,....

Re: Timestamp precision with oracle is only 1/1000 sec. (Geronimo 2.1.2)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 17, 2010, at 7:58 AM, rbaumhof wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> we are using Oracle database. I discovered that timestamp values on
> insert/update are cut at 1/1000 sec. However if i update the data in
> database, it is transfered to the timestamp up to a nanosecond (10 up 12).
>
> The bean's instance var is of type java.sql.Timestamp. I also tried the
> @Temporal annotation but without success??
>
> Any hint what i could do to get nanoseconds on insert into database??
>
> much thanks in advance,....

2.1.2 is kind of old. Would recommend upgrading. Note that Donald has asked some questions in the associated Jira ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5617 ):

Do you have precision settings set for this field as annotations or in a orm.xml?
Can you post your persistence.xml, entity and orm.xml (if using one)?

--kevan