Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 20:25:40 UTC

DrWho is killing my regionserver on .20-trunk?

Out of the 10 HBase nodes on my dev cluster, one is extremely unhappy.
It crashes every few hours, with messages like this:

2009-06-03 12:35:21,530 FATAL
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Unhandled
exception. Aborting...
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=DrWho, access=WRITE,
inode="@LOGS@":visibleuser:supergroup:rwxr-xr-x

All I can really say is: "Wha?"

Cheers,

Bradford

Re: DrWho is killing my regionserver on .20-trunk?

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Rather the Daleks than the Cylons :)

We don't have an hbase user -- we have one user (hadoopuser) in the
"admin" group that all the machines use...

This hosts's config seems legit. Same as the other boxes.

Posted by Alex Loddengaard <al...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Bradford,

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
The Daleks must be running that host.  Run!

Your hbase user doesn't have permissions to read/write all over hadoop?
Paste more context from around the log so I can see what hbase was trying to