Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/11/13 12:58:35 UTC

AbtractLogEnabled and Phoenix

Hi,
I want to enable logging for a class in a cornerstore
block (AvalonDB). This class is not implemented as
"service".

Naively I extended this class from AbstractLogEnabled,
but I get a classic NullPointer.

Do I've to implement additional interface?

Cheers
Gerhard

Re: AbtractLogEnabled and Phoenix

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Gerhard,

I think you have to "decorate" the inst before use.
This method in AbstractLogEnabled aloows you to pass on Logger info :

    protected void setupLogger( final Object component )

That object must implement LogEnabled ....

- Paul H