Posted to user@spark.apache.org by 谭成灶 <ta...@live.cn> on 2016/06/03 07:41:35 UTC

How to share cached tables when the Thrift server runs in multi-session mode in spark 1.6

 HI

      I created a cached table through Session A via beeline, through which I am able to access data.  I tried to access this cached table from another session, but I cannot find it.

Got the solution from spark site itself:

From Spark 1.6, by default the Thrift server runs in multi-session mode. Which means each JDBC/ODBC connection owns a copy of their own SQL configuration and temporary function registry.Cached tables are still shared though. If you prefer to run the Thrift server in the old single-session mode, please set option spark.sql.hive.thriftServer.singleSession to true. You may either add this option to spark-defaults.conf, or pass it to start-thriftserver.sh via --conf:

What ‘s the meaning of “Cached tables are still shared though”  ?

Regards