Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/13 03:16:30 UTC

Ajax and JSF

Has anyone made Ajax work with JSF?  how is the integration? is it a good idea?
Thanks.
Dave

---------------------------------

Re: Ajax and JSF

Posted by Alex Coles <al...@gmail.com>.
AJAX-ifying some individual components - such as a autocomplete drop-down
menu - is actually not that difficult to achieve in JSF. Based on code from
the Blueprints catalog, I've played with it a little bit and it seems to
work pretty well. What seems to be much more difficult to achieve is, rather
than simply having one-or two components AJAX-ified but still using the same
postback mechanism (and preserving the JSF lifestyle), is to output the
entire page as something which is AJAX-ified. In other words making all
components render client-side and partial page refresh is a much taller
order.

You might try AJAX Anywhere, which is a standard JSP taglib that can
AJAX-ify portions of a page, even if its using JSF components.

Demo here: http://www.ideologiciels.com:8080/ajaxAnywhereDemo/facesFrame.jsp
Page here: http://ajaxanywhere.sourceforge.net/

Re: Ajax and JSF

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.