Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rossen Stoyanchev <rs...@gopivotal.com> on 2013/05/17 00:47:26 UTC

TesterWsClientAutobahn failures

Is this expected to run successfully? I am seeing failures when running
with `wstest -m fuzzingserver`. For example in 9.1.3, when the test client
tries to send the message back, the fuzz server closes the connection with
status 1007 and reason "encountered invalid UTF-8 while processing text
message at payload octet index 229230".

Furthermore, this results in exceptions on the client side that obscure the
actual server error:

SEVERE: Failed to send close message to remote endpoint
java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.startMessageBlock(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:203)
at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsSession.sendCloseMessage(WsSession.java:408)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsSession.close(WsSession.java:353)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsFrameClient.close(WsFrameClient.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsFrameClient.access$2(WsFrameClient.java:71)
at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsFrameClient$WsFrameClientCompletionHandler.failed(WsFrameClient.java:110)
at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsFrameClient$WsFrameClientCompletionHandler.failed(WsFrameClient.java:1)
at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeUnchecked(Invoker.java:128)

Rossen

Re: TesterWsClientAutobahn failures

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/05/2013 23:47, Rossen Stoyanchev wrote:
> Is this expected to run successfully?

Yes. And it does so when I run it locally.

> I am seeing failures when running with `wstest -m fuzzingserver`.

If 9.1.3 fails consistently for you then I suggest using Wireshark to
look at what is going on.

Mark