Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 03:44:05 UTC

Portal development

Hello,

I am embedding Pluto-1.1 into my project.
In fact, I develop(modify) a simple portal server based on the
Pluto-1.1 portal driver.

The current features of my simple portal can support:
- User baesd pages, portlets customization
- theme registration
- portlet registration
- JAAS LoginModule (LDAP, JDDBC)
- Hibernate support
- etc

In fact, I have 2 critical problems need to solve and have no idea on it:
1. For the Hibernate Service, how can I retrieve the Hibernate Service
from any of the Portlet even though the portlets come with another
context. For example,
 portal.war is the main portal, and there is a test.war contains
another portlets.
The Hibernate Service defines in the portal.war, all the portlets in
the portal.war can reference the HibernateService without any problem
but failed in test.war. Any idea on it? I tried to put those related
classes into the shared/lib, also failed.

2. For the theme deployment, how can I deploy a theme in different context?
  - I tried to deploy it in different context, but failed in the
...Dispatcher.include(...)?
    Please help.

Best regards,

Eric