Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sharma, Abhinav" <ab...@thermofisher.com> on 2017/12/13 20:18:46 UTC

Any Insights SOLR Rank tuning tool

Hello Folks,

Currently, we are running FAST ESP as a Search System & are looking to migrate from FAST ESP to SOLR.
I was just wondering if you Guys have any built-in Relevancy tool for the Business Folks like what we have in FAST called SBC (Search Business Center)?

Thanks, Abhi

Re: Any Insights SOLR Rank tuning tool

Posted by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Yes, in general these sorts of tools are not open source. Splainer is the
only one listed above that is open source.

Querqy is one potential open source solution:
https://github.com/renekrie/querqy

Best!
-Doug

Posted by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com>.

Posted by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com>.

Posted by "Petersen, Robert (Contr)" <ro...@ftr.com>.
I remember when FAST (when it was still FAST) came to our enterprise to pitch their search when we were looking to replace our alta vista search engine with *something* and they demonstrated that relevance tool for business side. While that thing was awesome, I've never seen anything close to it in the solr world where I ended up going instead of the soon to be doomed FAST search. Also that tool was totally manual and of limited use in a very large corpus/catalog. Sort of like just applying a bandaid to a larger problem.

Splainer will only detail the reasons things show up in one query but won't solve a bigger relevancy problem. On the other hand, there are several ways to skin this cat. There are solutions which analyze logs for outlying cases and feed back into solr these results to automatically improve relevancy. I don't think most any of these are open source and some are quite proprietary.

If your company could afford to assign a buisdev guy to tweeking individual searches, I'm sure they could instead get some jr devs to go over query logs inspecting outlying cases like zero results/too many results then look at if it is a data issue or a query issue. And then recommend changes in the appropriate domain.

Thanks

Robi

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.