Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@nifty.ne.jp> on 2002/07/05 07:10:07 UTC

translation (JP)

Hi All,

 I, living in Japan, am very interested in this (JAMES) project,
 because JAMES provides us verious opportunities to build smart,
 elegant and integrated Mail-based-applications.

 I am trying to translate the docs into Japanese.
 (experimental ..  http://www.terra-intl.com/jakarta/james/index.html)
 Hope this promotes coming into wide use in Japan (Big Market).

 Personally, I tried to use JAMES with Oracle 9i (JP) for USERREPOSITORY
 AND SPOOL, and there's no problems for the time being.

 Thanks a lot.

--
Tetsuya Kitahata <ki...@bb.mbn.or.jp>

AW: translation (JP)

Posted by Robert Douglass <ro...@hype.de>.
Hi James Users,
I'm trying to write a JavaMail application that notifies me when there is
new mail in my James inbox. My approach has been to register a
MailCountListener to the folder in a thread that keeps the folder connection
open:

folder.addMessageCountListener(new javax.mail.event.MessageCountListener() {
			public void messagesAdded(javax.mail.event.MessageCountEvent e) {
				System.out.println("You've got mail!");
			}

			public void messagesRemoved(javax.mail.event.MessageCountEvent e) {
				//do nothing
			}
		});

But, alas, it's not working. I know this isn't a JavaMail list, but I was
wondering if anybody has any advice, code examples, related experience to
help guide me.

Thanks,

Robert Douglass