Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Alejandro Fuentes <af...@fundes.org> on 2000/01/31 17:59:39 UTC

Encoding Problem

Hello:
    I installed the Tomcat 3.1 M1 on a Windows NT 4.0 Sp6 . My default language is Spanish. When i try to execute a JSP i get this message:

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPD:\jakarta31\tomcat\itesm\WEB-INF\classes\org\fundes\web\content\BaseContent.java:1: The source file encoding may be different with this platform encoding. Please use -encoding option to adjust file encoding, or apply native2ascii utility to make source file ASCII encoding.

    Thanks in advice

        Alejandro Fuentes de la Hoz
        Fundes Consultoría Internacional