Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ".: Abhishek :." <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 02:17:01 UTC

Running crawls between a specified time interval

Hi all,

 I am just trying to figure out if there is some way I can set Nutch crawls
between a time interval say like crawl from 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM and then
start the further processing(start process of indexing and so on that
follows the crawl) after that.

 I think Nutch job is tied to Hadoop's JobConf. I am not sure on  how this
could be done. Rather, if I am to use an external shell script for doing
this, how do I chain the crawl process and trigger further processing after
crawl?

Thanks,
Abi

Re: Running crawls between a specified time interval

Posted by ".: Abishek :." <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

 I am planning to,

   1. Use quartz schedular to do crawl and fetch(in a single job) for a day
   or two, then pause it.
   2. Copy the crawldb and segments folder to a separate temp folder.
   3. Do link inversion, indexing on this temp folder.
   4. Then resume the step 1.

 Does this work fine? Has anyone done this before?

Cheers,
Abi

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by ".: Abishek :." <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Aristov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Abhishek,

You can probably take a look at Oozie or Azkaban. I am not sure they support
running process between xand y time, but definitely support scheduling a job
Thanks and Regards,
Sonal
<https://github.com/sonalgoyal/hiho>Connect Hadoop with databases,
Salesforce, FTP servers and others <https://github.com/sonalgoyal/hiho>