Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ni...@arsoe-trelaze.com on 2003/07/10 14:02:56 UTC

Réf. : RE: Réf. : [Cactus] Spurious log4jerror for client inevery .txt report fil e!

Hello Eric,

> Is this then a requirement to have one or the other?  I am using just a
> plain vanilla download of Maven from CVS, and it seems to me that the
Cactus
> plugin ought to take care of this for me?

I don't think so when you use log4j it is to have an common format for
message
logs. So you define the default log format for your all classes and define
more for
specific package or classes. For me provide the log4j.properties is the
project's role.

> Possibly by either adding a
> log4j.properties to my class path if I don't have one, or at least
warning
> me about it?

I think too it would be a good thing to have a default one but who provide
it ?

> Can I have multiple log4j.properties in my class path?

I don't think it is possible.

> If so, then the class path could possible include a log4j.properties
from the
> Cactus plugin?

But you can define differents log king. Look at the maven one it is not a
real
difficulty and it is very usefull to log with log4j
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/maven/src/conf/log4j.properties?rev=1.15&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Nicolas,