Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jebarlin Robertson <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/11 11:06:46 UTC

Taking more time in extracting the plain text from 2003 MS excel

Hi,
I just want to extract only the plain text from xls file without parsing
any other properties of the file (styles, cell or row details, images or
any other thing )

As I do that in SSTDeserializer class, i observe that it is taking more
time in reading the stream as the unique string count increases.
It is reading the string from Record input stream class.

Can any one help me to achive this only for extracting plain text from xls
file in less time.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jebarlin Robertson

Re: Taking more time in extracting the plain text from 2003 MS excel

Posted by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com>.
There exists a test class/interface just for this, search for classes that
implement the ExcelExtractor interface.
for
example: ./src/ooxml/testcases/org/apache/poi/xssf/extractor/TestXSSFEventBasedExcelExtractor.java