Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/04/11 10:05:05 UTC

Tika board report due

Hi,

According to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2008 reports are
due by April 9th - I'll try to find out the correct date, but we do
need to prepare a report soon. Not sure if I'll find time before next
Monday.

-Bertrand

Re: Tika board report due

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... Here's a quick draft:...

Looks good to me, thanks!
-Bertrand

Re: Tika board report due

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>  According to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2008 reports are
>  due by April 9th - I'll try to find out the correct date, but we do
>  need to prepare a report soon. Not sure if I'll find time before next
>  Monday.

Here's a quick draft:

Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
structured text content from various documents using existing parser
libraries. Tika entered incubation on March 22nd, 2007.

Community

  o Niall Pemberton joined the project as a committer and PPMC member
  o The number of issues reported by external contributors is growing gradually
  o There was a Fast Feather Talk on Tika in ApacheCon EU 2008
  o We have good contacts especially with Apache POI and PDFBox

Development

  o We are working towards Tika 0.2
  o Metadata handling improvements are being discussed

Issues before graduation:

  o Increase the size of the community

BR,

Jukka Zitting