Posted to users@maven.apache.org by an...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2008/04/30 12:33:49 UTC

Localisation of reports

Hi everybody,

If I specify in the maven-site-plugin : <locales>fr,en</locales> (and I
create a site.xml file in french and a site_en.xml file in english)
Then the generated reports are in french, in both the french and the
english generated Web page.

If I specify <locales>fr,en</locales> (and I create accordingly
index_fr.xml in french, and index.xml in english)
The generated reports are (as expected) in english in the english Web
pages, in french in the french Web page.

Is that a bug ?
Is there a way to obtain the expected behaviour by using some
configuration ?

Also, is there an easy way to create a "link" allowing to switch between
versions of the same page in different locales ?

Thank you,

Anne

Re: Localisation of reports

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
anne.gerodolle@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> If I specify in the maven-site-plugin : <locales>fr,en</locales> (and I
> create a site.xml file in french and a site_en.xml file in english)
> Then the generated reports are in french, in both the french and the
> english generated Web page.
>
> If I specify <locales>fr,en</locales> (and I create accordingly
> index_fr.xml in french, and index.xml in english)
> The generated reports are (as expected) in english in the english Web
> pages, in french in the french Web page.
>
> Is that a bug ?
> Is there a way to obtain the expected behaviour by using some
> configuration ?

I'm not sure if this can be done. Is there a problem for you using your
second example?

Not at this point in time, see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-41

> Thank you,
>
> Anne

Dennis Lundberg

internationalization of multimodules projects

Posted by an...@orange-ftgroup.com.
Hi everybody,

Has anybody seceeded in creating a site in several languages for a multimodule project ?

I've filed some time ago an issue on JIRA following Denni's advice that decribes the problem :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-322  but nobody commented on this.

In brief, links for the "modules" menu in the alternate languages are not correct.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Anne

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
There are a bunch of issues filed regarding the modules menu for multi
module sites, but none of them are about internationalized sites. Please
file a new issue here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE

anne.gerodolle@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'v tried to internationalize a multimodule project, using
> <locales>en,fr</locales> as advised on
> http://www.propellors.net/maven/site/guides/mini/guide-site.html
>
> However, the "modules" menu in the french site does not work : assuming
> there is a module named mymodule, the "mymodule" link in the deployed
> site works OK in the default en version, but the same link in the french
> version points toward fr/mymodule/index.html, whereas the french site of
> mymodule is deployed under mymodule/fr .
>
> I've tried with the last two stable versions of maven-site-plugin,
> 2.0-beta-5 and 2.0-beta-6 .
>
> Is there an example of a multilinguial site generated with maven ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anne

Dennis Lundberg