Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pascal Jungblut <pa...@med.uni-muenchen.de> on 2008/08/14 11:50:53 UTC

Embedded images with data-url

Hello Guys,

I'm currently embedding FOP 0.95 into my application (using a Java bridge).
For testing, I took the example Java-snippet from the documentation on
apache.org which processes the FO like it should.
But there is an issue with images: when I use the FOP-commandline-tool
base64-encoded images (data-url) are included (gif/png) in the outfile. When
I use my simple Java class, there is no image in the resulting PDF. Instead,
the the parts of the PDF are simply white.

May I have to add one more processing-step?

Regards,
Pascal

Re: Embedded images with data-url

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hmm, no such problem on my side.

Data URLs (RFC 2397) are decoded by FOP's
org.apache.fop.util.DataURIResolver which is called by
org.apache.fop.apps.FOURIResolver. If I had to guess, I'd say that you
either get an error message somewhere in the log because the data URL
was somehow wrong or you're using a custom URIResolver which doesn't
behave correctly. But for the latter case there's actually code in
FOUserAgent, that should bypass the custom resolver in the case of data
URLs.

Try setting a breakpoint in FOUserAgent.resolve() to find out what's
going wrong.

On 14.08.2008 11:50:53 Pascal Jungblut wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm currently embedding FOP 0.95 into my application (using a Java bridge).
> For testing, I took the example Java-snippet from the documentation on
> apache.org which processes the FO like it should.
> But there is an issue with images: when I use the FOP-commandline-tool
> base64-encoded images (data-url) are included (gif/png) in the outfile. When
> I use my simple Java class, there is no image in the resulting PDF. Instead,
> the the parts of the PDF are simply white.
>
> May I have to add one more processing-step?
>
> Regards,
> Pascal

Jeremias Maerki