Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Andrew Christianson <an...@nextcentury.com> on 2017/04/28 12:02:01 UTC

MiNiFi CPP Processor naming -- Sets attribute to value of content

NiFi/MiNiFi Developers,

I am currently working on a very simple processor which sets the value of a configurable attribute to be the value of the content of the flow (interpreted as a UTF-8 string).

The most natural name I can think of is ContentToAttribute, but I'm not sure that conforms to the naming standard. There is a "To" processor in NiFi (AttributesToJSON), but most start with a verb. What would you call this new processor?

Regards,

Andy

Re: MiNiFi CPP Processor naming -- Sets attribute to value of content

Posted by Andrew Christianson <an...@nextcentury.com>.
Unfortunately, it looks like this one is blocked by dynamic properties [1].  In the meantime, we will put together a skeleton which simply matches ".*" and puts it into an attr specified by a property which we'll remove when dynamic properties are supported. As such, that ExtractText will sit on a branch on github until dynamic properties are done and this can be fleshed out properly.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-171
Posted by Andrew Christianson <an...@nextcentury.com>.

Posted by Andrew Christianson <an...@nextcentury.com>.
Pierre,