Posted to user@spark.apache.org by maddenpj <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/28 05:01:11 UTC

Re: Build spark with Intellij IDEA 13

I actually got this same exact issue compiling a unrelated project (not using
spark). Maybe it's a protobuf issue?

Re: Build spark with Intellij IDEA 13

Posted by Yi Tian <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If you want IDEA compile your spark project (version 1.0.0 and above), you should do it with following steps.

1 clone spark project
2 use mvn to compile your spark project ( because you need the generated avro source file in flume-sink module)
3 open spark/pom.xml with IDEA
4 check profiles you need in “maven projects” window
5 modify the source path of  flume-sink module, make “target/scala-2.10/src_managed/main/compiled_avro” as a source path
6 if you checked yarn profile, you need to
     remove the module "spark-yarn_2.10”
     add “spark/yarn/common/src/main/scala” and “spark/yarn/stable/src/main/scala” the source path of module “yarn-parent_2.10"
7 then you can run "Build -> Rebuild Project" in IDEA.

PS: you should run “rebuild” after you run mvn or sbt command to spark project.

Best Regards,

Yi Tian
tianyi.asiainfo@gmail.com