Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rose, Bobby" <br...@med.wayne.edu> on 2008/04/09 22:36:34 UTC

BATV and whitelisting

I'm staring to see BATV use increasing.  Has anyone thought about how
this effects whitelists, mta acls, etc?  It looks like such things are
broken because if an end-user whitelists joe@foo.com and BATV has the
mail from as prvs=joe=1312@foo.com, then that whitelisting has no
effect.  And since the BATV signature changes, they can't whitelist that
even if they new what batv signed address was for that sender.

Any thought about how to resolve this?  I was thinking of stripping out
the batv stuff to get the senders address for matching but I see
different kinds of prvs= addresses out there.  Some have
prvs=xxxxx=joe@foo.com and others have prvs=joe=xxxx@foo.com

Bobby

Re: BATV and whitelisting

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Rose, Bobby wrote:

> I'm staring to see BATV use increasing.  Has anyone thought about how
> this effects whitelists, mta acls, etc?  It looks like such things are
> broken because if an end-user whitelists joe@foo.com and BATV has the
> mail from as prvs=joe=1312@foo.com, then that whitelisting has no
> effect.  And since the BATV signature changes, they can't whitelist that
> even if they new what batv signed address was for that sender.
>
> Any thought about how to resolve this?

SA will probably need to be modified to de-BATV the sender address before
checking the whitelists. See if there's a bugzilla entry for that, and add
one if there isn't.

   The ["assault weapons"] ban is the moral equivalent of banning red
   cars because they look too fast.  -- Steve Chapman, Chicago Tribune
  4 days until Thomas Jefferson's 265th Birthday

Re: BATV and whitelisting

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

whiltelist pvrs*joe*@foo.com?