Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Carson J. Reynolds" <ca...@media.mit.edu> on 2000/01/18 21:50:51 UTC

mod_jserv 1.1 and Tomcat

I had tomcat up and running and I updated my system to mod_jserv 1.1.
Since then some of servlets have stopped working. I recopied the mod_jserv
from Tomcat 3.0 onto my box, and now apache won't start citing:

Syntax error on line 54 of
/etc/httpd/conf/jserv/jserv.conf:ApJServDefaultProtocol: cannot find
protocol 'ajpv12'

Are jserv 1.1.1 and Tomcat compatible?

-carson-

Re: mod_jserv 1.1 and Tomcat

Posted by jon * <jo...@clearink.com>.
on 1/18/00 12:50 PM, Carson J. Reynolds <ca...@media.mit.edu> wrote:

> I had tomcat up and running and I updated my system to mod_jserv 1.1.
> Since then some of servlets have stopped working. I recopied the mod_jserv
> from Tomcat 3.0 onto my box, and now apache won't start citing:
>
> Syntax error on line 54 of
> /etc/httpd/conf/jserv/jserv.conf:ApJServDefaultProtocol: cannot find
> protocol 'ajpv12'
>
> Are jserv 1.1.1 and Tomcat compatible?
>
> -carson-

It is 1.1, not 1.1.1

The answer is that, potentially, no, they are not compatible. The Java
portion of the Tomcat adapter for AJP12 will need to be fixed to understand
the two additional SSL related ENV variables that were added between 1.1b3
and final. Should be an easy fix.

-jon

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>