Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vi...@bertelsmann.com.cn on 2007/05/24 04:05:46 UTC

explanation on GL setup in ofbiz

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a detail explanation of the following:
Gl Account Type Id
Gl Account Class Id
Gl Resource Type Id
Gl Xbrl Class Id
Parent Gl Account Id

Also if you want to associate costs and sales with a specific store how would you do it. Using Party Group, Store Setup. Normally each store has sales, revenue and costs and we would like to allocate them. It would very hard to maintain an organization structure with each store as subsidiary. So is there a simple way to organize it.

Regards,
Vikrant

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: explanation on GL setup in ofbiz

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
What do you mean by technical language here? This is modeling of pure business data, and usually most accountants with experience are okay with tabular structures, and if they have a lot of experience then they should be able to pick up even rather complex and feature rich financial data structures like those in OFBiz.

So, could you be more specific about what you mean by business versus technical language? The way I see it this is all business, no technical, but it is fairly complex and because financial system requirements are that way by nature you can only simplify it (dumb it down) so much.

-David

Posted by Vi...@bertelsmann.com.cn.

Posted by Anil Patel <ap...@adititechlabs.com>.
Vikrant,