Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2017/07/11 12:58:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.1 RC3

Hi,

the third release candidate of Apache UIMA Ruta v2.6.1 is ready for voting.
This bugfix release is not compatible with UIMA 3.0.0.

Major changes in this release:

UIMA Ruta Language and Analysis Engine:
* Fixed problem with empty annotation list expressions
* Fixed stacked feature expressions
* Fixed false positive match in conjunct rules
* Fixed mixing FOREACH with BLOCK blocks
* Fixed min/max quantifier
* Fixed float variables
* Fixed dynamic internal reindexing
* Requires UIMA 2.10.0 and uimaFIT 2.3.0
* Other bugfixes

UIMA Ruta Workbench:
* Fixed Query View
* Fixed Annotation Testing View
* Fixed error reporting in editor

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1146/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.6.1

Update site:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/ruta-2.6.1-rc3/eclipse-update-site/ruta/

Archive with all sources:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/ruta-2.6.1-rc3/ruta-2.6.1-source-release.zip

Overall 23 issues have been fixed for this release
They can be found in the RELEASE_NOTES.html.

... and here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.6.1ruta%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Peter

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
The vote passes, with 3 +1 votes, and no other votes received.

Voting +1:  Marshall Schor, Richard Eckart de Castilho, Peter Klügl

Thanks to all who voted and tested.

-- Peter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Am 19.07.2017 um 15:27 schrieb Marshall Schor:
> ruta 2.6.1 rc3
>
> signature on source-release and spot check of eclipse-update-site signatures -OK
>
> build from source - OK but noticed
>   for ruta-core 4 tests skipped
>   ruta docbook has 4 spots where the pdf generation overflows the available area
> (not by much)
>     WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 6346
> millipoints. (See position 751:636)
>     WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 1106
> millipoints. (See position 773:1033)
>     WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 3200
> millipoints. (See position 4628:605)
>     WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 8600
> millipoints. (See position 7998:607)
>
>     You can "debug" these issues by looking in
> project.../target/docbkx/pdf/xxxxxx.fo  in some editor which
>       can handle very long lines, and shows cursor column position as well as
> line numbers
>       (eclipse text editor works, for example) - and pick out some more-or-less
> uniquely identifying string,
>       and then find that in the source file...

Ah ok, thanks. I never found these by looking at the resulting pdf.

> Eclipse update site - not (yet) signed.  (OK)
>
> Installed into Eclipse Oxygen (4.7.0 !)
> Made new ruta project - OK
>
> compare svn source with source-release: OK
>
> readme: OK
>
> RELEASE_NOTES: OK, but noticed it has html formatting errors.
> Example:   <li>Fixed problem with empty annotation list expressions/li>
>    (trailing close of </li> tag missing leading "<"
>
> issues-fixed:  OK, but noticed:
>   The report includes issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5416
>   which has no commits (changes) it appears?  at least none are linked to the Jira.
>     Found this by going to Jira, asking for release ruta2.6.1, and seeing 22
> issues (not 23), because
>     the "filter" for that view in Jira includes by default it appears:
>     issue.property[development].commits > 0

That's OK. I was thinking about resolving it as "not a problem" but
chose "fixed" from a perspective of answering a question. I created a
new issue for the first problem (which won't be fixed soon). The second
one is not a bug, but a feature. So, no code changes.

> api change reports:  Maybe OK (?)
>   Only the ruta-core project is being checked.
>   The check shows one binary incompatibility (meaning that users will need to
> recompile existing code),
>    because the return type for createNullExpression() in ExpressionFactory, changed
>    from
>       IRutaExpression
>       IStringExpression
>    Please confirm this is OK.

That's OK. That's not a normal API for users. I skipped the
reorganization of the API checks for this release, also until I decided
what and how it should be checked. Previously, only the descriptor and
engine packages have been included and there was a hard semver check.
Now, it is rather a summary of internal changes.

> Licenses/notices; no change from 2.6.0, - OK
>
> I'm voting  [X] +1 OK to release if Peter can confirm the binary incompatibility
> change is OK for his user population, in this case.

confirmed :-)

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
ruta 2.6.1 rc3

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
compared svn-tag to source-release - OK
mvn clean install svn-tag - OK
mvn clean install source-release - OK
spot checked issues/license/notice/release-notes - OK
- broken end tag in release notes - not a blocker for me
spot checked signatures - OK
installed UIMA Ruta Workbench in Eclipse Oxygen with UIMA 2.10.0 - OK
created simple project, created script, debugged script - OK
tested query view - OK
tested annotation test view - OK
tested editor reporting - OK

[X] +1 OK to release