Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/29 00:40:46 UTC

Website

We need to come up with a solution to generate html for our website (unless
you enjoy hand-typing HTML). My preference would be to use Confluence to
publish content. Normally you can't use a wiki as your main website in
Apache but somebdoy came up with a Confluence plugin that exports your space
when it gets edited. So that would work. A couple of other projects already
use this (like ServiceMix I think).

So before I ask to the infra team for this to be setup, I just wanted to
make sure everybody would be happy with that. Alternatives would be Maven,
Anakia or Forrest...

Cheers,

Matthieu.

Re: Website

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
In the WS projects we do edit html and generate the site using maven.
IMO that's a better way than the confluence way.

Sanjiva.

Re: Website

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 11:45 -0700, Matthieu Riou wrote:
> The thing is there's already some content and guides that have been written
> for PXE under Confluence that could be easily adapted to Ode. It would be
> nice if we could reuse that content.
>
> However, Sanjiva, if you think using Confluence wouldn't make use "WS
> projects friendly" then we'd use Maven.

No no there's no such requirement; you're welcome to use what you want.
My only feeling is that revision control ala SVN is very useful even for
the site and its easier to do that with xdocs rather than with
Confluence. If I'm wrong great.

But its up to the community here to decide what works best for you.

>  But I've used it a bit for other
> sites and didn't enjoy much the experience, you spend a lot of time
> formatting -> generating (can be long) -> using f* words -> reformatting ...
> I guess it gets better when you're used to it.

:)

Sanjiva.

Re: Website

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
So all the ones who gave me a user id normally have been added to the
ode-dev group. You should be able to CRUD pages.

Re: Website

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Website

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Website

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Maybe we'll need to run a logo contest too... :)

Cheers,

Matthieu

Re: Website

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
paulrbrown@gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/

Re: Website

Posted by Maciej Szefler <mb...@intalio.com>.
+1 on confluence.

Re: Website

Posted by Philip Dodds <ph...@gmail.com>.
Certainly my experiences with using Confluence lean toward it makeing an
easier choice for maintainence than APT/m2 sites.

Re: Website

Posted by Lance Waterman <la...@gmail.com>.
Matthieu,

Re: Website