Posted to user@livy.apache.org by Akshat Bordia <ak...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/17 17:18:46 UTC

Livy Scalability Data

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding Livy scalability. Do we have any experiments
run which addresses the following question? Appreciate any help.

1. How many sessions can a Livy server handle at a time (and with what
configuration)?
2. In particular, how many interactive sessions can be running at a time?
(Given that the driver will be launched on Livy machine in case of client
mode.)
3. Given that the JIRA for multi-active HA in Livy
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIVY-718> is open, are there any
other recommendations to scale it horizontally?

Thanks,
Akshat

Akshat Bordia
Email id : akshat.bordia31@gmail.com
Contact No.:+91-8011228476
                    +91-9461054710

Re: Livy Scalability Data

Posted by Akshat Bordia <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details. Would you be able to share the result from
your Jmeter experiment? Did you run it for both interactive and batch
sessions?

Regarding scaling with K8S, is it still a single node based HA or are you
scaling horizontally somehow? If you are scaling horizontally, could you
please share some details on how you are achieving this? Appreciate your
help.

Thanks,
Akshat

Re: Livy Scalability Data