Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by 達達 <10...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/11 13:29:58 UTC

Problems with hbase compression snappy

Dear Hbase Developers:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When I use hbase create table with compression snappy, &nbsp;it reported with problem following:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader.buildSupportsSnappy()Z .

&nbsp;

Is hbase still using hadoop’s NativeCodeLoader?

But I saw reporting from hadoop’s websit, from 3.3.1+(For LZ4 and Snappy compression codec, Hadoop now moves to use&nbsp;lz4-java&nbsp;and&nbsp;snappy-java&nbsp;instead of requring the native libraries of these to be installed on the systems running Hadoop.)

So it’s hbase’s bug or my using fault?

hbase-version: 2.5.2/2.4.14

Hadoop-version: 3.3.4

Looking forward to your reply, Thanks.