Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2004/02/27 01:26:15 UTC

Change List, Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004

David Crossley wrote:

>Torsten Curdt wrote:
>

>>Steven Noels wrote:

>>>I find this just a little bit too reactionary - especially for the
>>>little known/used areas of code. We haven't had "ownership issues"
>>>because of them in the past, not? These tags sometimes help to find a
>>>contact, when questions remain unanswered on the list.
>>>

>>Well, a lot of people gave their +1
>>
>>I am far from pushing this - actually I see it exactly like you do.

>IIRC, when we talked about author tags last time, one of
>the main points was that people can look at the "Changes"
>page to find out who was the major contributer for a certain
>facility and who has been working on it.

Then it will have to be significantly extended. Currently it does not
indicate in coherent (searchable) way what cocoon component or sitemap
component or cocoon block this change relates to. And you need better
granularity then simply "core", "cforms block"; you need something which
goes at least to the level of package (and author tags are on the class
level).

Vadim