Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com> on 2007/03/01 09:38:35 UTC

Re: [WARNING] T5 validation

That's what I thought, but when I tried it previously, I just got an
exception:

"Start does not contain an embedded component with id 'form'."

If I look at the source of the page that is generated without the
@Component, I see a form with id=form, so I don't know what is missing.

My page design was lifted directly from the screencast:

    <head>
        <title>Start Page</title>
    </head>
        <h1>Registration</h1>
        <form t:type="beaneditform" object="userform" submitLabel="Register"

        	<t:parameter name="password">
        	<label t:type="Label" for="password"/>
		<input t:type="PasswordField" t:id="password" t:value="userform.password"
size="8"/>
		(Between 4 and 8 characters)
	        </t:parameter>
        	<t:parameter name="confirmPassword">
        	<label t:type="Label" for="confirmPassword"/>
		<input t:type="PasswordField" t:id="confirmPassword"
t:value="userform.confirmPassword" size="8"/>
		</t:parameter>
        </form>

            [ refresh ]

Re: [WARNING] T5 validation

Posted by Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com>.
>  I could make this error noticable by requiring that
> all components have an explicit id in the template

I think that the approach of making the framework smart enough to provide
useful default behaviours is always a good one. If anything is lacking at
the moment, it is just documentation to show how to apply fine-grained
manual configuration when required. A perennial problem and not something
that could be expected at this point in the development in any case.

> Ah, that could be my catchphrase for Tapestry 5 Training!

Well, it was an open source comment, so feel free to take it and refactor to
fit you application...

;)

Terry

Re: [WARNING] T5 validation

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
With the fresh start in T5 I've been able to make it smarter and more
adaptable, or at least, do better things by default.  But there's a
lot of limits.  I could make this error noticable by requiring that
all components have an explicit id in the template, but that would
inconvienience most users for most components, where an id really
isn't needed, or Tapestry can provide a good default id.

On 3/1/07, Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com> wrote:

> D'oh! That's obvious now I look at it. Like most things in Tapestry, once you
> have seen it once... :)

Ah, that could be my catchphrase for Tapestry 5 Training!

> Thanks.
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> >

> > BeanEditForm is not a Form, but does own one; it includes a getForm()
> > accessor.  So:
> >
> > @Component
> > private BeanEditForm _beanEditForm;  // Case just doesn't matter to
> > Tapestry!

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

Re: [WARNING] T5 validation

Posted by Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com>.

Re: [WARNING] T5 validation

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You didn't supply a component id, so Tapestry did; your id is
"beaneditform" (matching the type of the component, converted to lower
case).

BeanEditForm is not a Form, but does own one; it includes a getForm()
accessor.  So:

@Component
private BeanEditForm _beanEditForm;  // Case just doesn't matter to Tapestry!

_beanEditForm.getForm().recordError(" . . . ");