Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Michael Elliot <me...@york.ac.uk.INVALID> on 2021/03/22 06:58:45 UTC

ECharts Issue Raised

Hi,

I have submitted an echarts issue this morning:
https://github.com/apache/echarts/issues/14510

I am using apache echarts for my dissertation project at university and am
trying to create a node graph where the user can drag and drop nodes, the
issue describes the problem I'm having with it where nodes either all move
or none move,

I thought I would email as well to give some background, my deadline is
fast approaching so any help is really really appreciated, if its not
possible to do then hopefully someone can recommend an alternative,

Thanks so much for your time and help,
Michael

Re: ECharts Issue Raised

Posted by Michael Elliot <me...@york.ac.uk.INVALID>.
Hi,

Sorry to email again, I thought I would give you some context as to why I
wanted that feature and what I'm coding,

I am currently working on my final year University project and wanted a
graph diagram to represent software architectures as a part of a trade-off
analysis webapp,

What I have built is the layout shown below, where data is loaded
dynamically into the diagrams for the nodes and connections, the problem
that I am having is with the drag and drop (as they all reshuffle on
'force'),

Something else that I am looking to develop is saving coordinates between
sessions, so when a user drags and drops a component, it is saved. However
when the components are loaded initially, they will not have x & y
coordinates so an automatic layout needs to be generated, once the layout
has been customised for a node it should be saved and in the same
position on the next session,

I'm just emailing to see if this is possible with Echarts? Any help in the
right direction would be greatly appreciated as my deadline is in a month,

[image: image.png]

Thanks so much for your time and help,
All the best,
Michael