Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Akshat Tandon <ak...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 13:08:29 UTC

How to set tomcat 8.0.20 container character encoding of request and response to UTF-8 intead of ISO-8859-1

We need to set tomcat 8.0.20 container character encoding of request and
response to UTF-8 intead of ISO-8859-1 ,

 What is the setting for the same ?

 We tried setting as mentioned below ,
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding#Q1 But that requires
creating filter etc .

 Is there any elegant way where we can just change some configuration set
to make it applicable at container level ?

*Thanks and RegardsAkshat Tandon*

Re: How to set tomcat 8.0.20 container character encoding of request and response to UTF-8 intead of ISO-8859-1

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 2/16/2016 11:38 PM, Akshat Tandon wrote:
> Thanks Chris for the response,
>
> Basically we don't want to do coding around the filter as it will also
> bring us an additional overhead of maintaining the code and follow the
> quality process , Ideally we want say some setting to say in server.xml to
> set request and response character encoding

I think what Chris is saying is that you don't need to do any coding
with the filter, just configure it.

Posted by Akshat Tandon <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Akshat,