Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/20 05:24:27 UTC

Too many repos?

I've noticed that my builds seem to spend a lot of time looking at non-
standard repos such as apache m2-incubating, the often disfunctional
java.net m1 repo, codehaus snapshots etc etc.  I'd like to suggest
that our main project poms not include any repos at all -- the apache
pom defines maven central and apache.snapshots -- and that if we
really need one of these repos for some plugin we include it in that
plugin's root pom.

thoughts?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Too many repos?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 19, 2008, at 11:24 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I've noticed that my builds seem to spend a lot of time looking at
> non-standard repos such as apache m2-incubating, the often
> disfunctional java.net m1 repo, codehaus snapshots etc etc.  I'd
> like to suggest that our main project poms not include any repos at
> all -- the apache pom defines maven central and apache.snapshots --
> and that if we really need one of these repos for some plugin we
> include it in that plugin's root pom.
>
> thoughts?

Sounds great to me.

--kevan