Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yoav <yo...@capitalmerchant.com> on 2003/04/30 11:47:22 UTC

AGAIN!?!?! SocketException in AJP13 ?? WAS: how to deal with AJP1.3 exception

Hi,

This is really annoying.
We've just upgraded our Apache + Tomcat to work with mod_jk2+ Tomcat 4.1.24.
(We previously used mod_jk+Tomcat 4.1.18)
All works well, until a user does anything to abort a page (i.e. pressing
back or refresh on the browser).
The log records a *horrible* ERROR - that (indeed) a connection was aborted.

We keep a close watch on our Tomcat log to detect bugs and errors.
Now, the log is filled with useless exception :-(
Is there anything I can do to avoid this ?

(using WinXP + JDK1.3.1 + Apache2.0.45 + mod_jk2 2.0.2)

[ERROR] ChannelSocket - -Error, processing connection
<java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read>
java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:186)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:225)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:280)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(ChannelSocket.java:498)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(ChannelSocket.java:436)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:551)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Thanks,

Yoav.