Posted to user@impala.apache.org by baipeng <bp...@meitu.com> on 2016/12/19 09:58:34 UTC

How to deploy Impala?

I am new to Impala, i do not konw whether  chef is necessary for us to use Impala. Does anyone can tell me how to deploy Impala?

Re: How to deploy Impala?

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
No, chef is not needed.

Each distribution of Impala (e.g. CDH) typically provides its own way to
deploy Impala. Generally this is most convenient because it will set up all
dependencies correctly.

If you want to deploy a custom build of Apache Impala, there's currently no
easy method. You need to deploy impalad, catalogd, statestored,
libfesupport.so, libloggingsupport.so, impala-frontend-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar and
impala-data-source-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (I think that's the full list) to
each node of your cluster and then make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
CLASSPATH point to the dependencies when you launch impalad, catalogd, and
statestored.