Posted to users@maven.apache.org by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/05 08:08:40 UTC

Avoid version number in the build

Hi,
How can I avoid version number in the build name and put it in Manifest file.?
Which one is considered a better procedure?

Amit

Re: Avoid version number in the build

Posted by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. We would be sticking to version numbers in the build names.

Regards,
Amit

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: Avoid version number in the build

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Actually the best procedure is to put the version number in both places.

The manifest is not always the easiest to get end users to find for
you, and files could be renamed by an end user... but typically if you
ask them what version they have it's easier if the jar has the version
number in its name.

-Stephen