Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Krishna Kumar (krishkum)" <kr...@cisco.com> on 2006/03/01 08:00:06 UTC

Facing the following issue in Websphere 5.1 with Oracle

Hi,

I am trying to deploy Jetspeed-2.0 war in Websphere 5.1.

Installation of the war is successfull and i have started the
application.

when I try to access http://localhost:9080/jetspeed/portal ,  I am
getting 500 Internal server error.

and the following is the error message

SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[Failed to initalize jetspeed.
org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed Initialization
exception!]: org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed
Initialization exception! at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.start(JetspeedEngine.java:149)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.init(JetspeedServlet.java:147
) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doInit(StrictServl
etInstance.java:82) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifec
ycleServlet.java:147) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLi
fecycleServlet.java:270) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecy
cleServlet.java:113) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.init(ServletInstance.jav
a:189) at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.addServlet(WebAppSer
vletManager.java:870) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadServlet(WebAppSe
rvletManager.java:224) at com.ibm.ws -- <truncated> --

Any pointers on this will be much appreciated.

Regards,
KK

Re: Facing the following issue in Websphere 5.1 with Oracle

Posted by Michael Johnson <Mi...@secretagents.us>.
KK,
 I've been working on getting JetSpeed up under was 5.1 and 6.x without
success since Jan. I can get the jetspeed engine running against mysql
but I can't get any portlets deployed. I attempted a number of things,
bundle them inside the same ear file, install them into the container
individualy and more. I had some success doing the following:

Install jetspeed into the db of your choice with tomcat. This builds the
database and everything you need (without WAS). Then take the tomcat ear
and deploy it into the websphere environment. This seems to always work
(be sure you include the layouts. I suggest you try this with oracle.

 At this point is where I get stuck I can't seem to deploy any portlets,
my app always comes up with j2-admin missing as well as any other
portlets I had defined.

Jetspeed Users,
 Can anyone give guidance on this? Is websphere really supported, has
anyone actually gotten it to work?

-MJ

Michael Johnson
www.hackedby.us